Sunday 21 October 2018

Finally Moved!

We moved into the new place just over a week ago and as a result this week has been consumed with unpacking boxes and finding places for things.  Our lovely friend Fred travelled from Paris last Saturday morning, the day after we moved and spent most of the week with us.  He was a massive help in organising the unpacking process as well as taking the kids out individually for a treat. 

 On Wednesday AJ visited as usual and so we have actually managed some home school lessons this week.  These past two weeks have been more manic and exhausting than usual and my health has taken a bit of a battering but given time and rest I'm sure things will settle down :-)

  We have limited internet at the moment and I'm using my phone as a hot spot connection so I won't post a load of photos but once we are up and running I'll share some highlights of the past week.  Hope all is well in your corner of the world.


 Having a well deserved tea break in between sorting through boxes and tackling a very tricky curtain rail in our downstairs bedroom.

 

13 comments:

Kezzie said...

Oh I'm so glad it went well! Yay, you are finally in!!!x

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by :-) x

Shirley-Ann said...

Congrats on your new home Sandra Ann, I pray that you all settle down soon and that you take that time you need to rest up and recover. Moving is stressful! Can't wait to see more pictures :)

elli said...

Thrilled to hear you are all settled in ... at least, that assorted persons and belongings are all there now!! I hope all goes smoothly with all of the organizing of bits and pieces needed to make it feel cozy and 'home'. ... Prayers for you all during this time of adjustment! Take time to rest and breathe ... xoxo

Eva said...

Wonderful you managed to move in! Happy unpacking and organizing! Is your friend Fred French?

Sandra Ann said...

Yes he is. Dave met him on a student exchange trip when they were both 15 and they have remained friends ever since :-) x

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks for the prayers and the timely reminder to rest x

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks Shirley we have Internet up and running as from today so hoping to upload some pics tomorrow x

Eva said...

I thought he looked very French :)!!

Sandra Ann said...

Ah but that photo is of me and Uncle Bry! Will post a photo of Fred in the next blog post :-) x

Eva said...

That is so funny!!! Then Uncle Bry must have some French ancestry!!

Sandra Ann said...

I will have to ask him when I see him this evening!

dorinalouise said...

I thought Uncle Bry was Fred too! It's so nice that they both came round to help and support :) I love this photo. You did manage to find the nicest place! It has such a lovely garden. I've been so busy here that I've only been able to check in with you now. I'm going to try and post a few things myself. Happy unpacking and settling in, San. xoxo