Sunday 6 May 2018

An End of Week Round Up

We met with our homeschool friends on Tuesday and the girls worked on a replica of an Egyptian necklace.

On Wednesday, Dave and I went to visit Sara, Tom and Oliver.  Sara and I had fun choosing books for Ollie, and at the tender age of seven weeks he has his very own library ticket ;-)

On Thursday, in between a hair appointment for me, we completed all our home school tasks and I visited Uncle Bry as usual in the evening.

Saturday meant Wildlife Watchers for Pip and an extra chance for me to be in the loft room.  So far this week I have managed to make four bags and four lavender baboushka dolls.  When it is too hot for the loft room, I take my handsewing or crochet outside and enjoy working in the fresh air.  In the afternoon we had a visit from Kath and Mary which was lovely.  Pip had fun hanging out with her niece which meant nattering time for me and Kath ;-)

Today the kids and I sat outside to pray the rosary whilst Dave rested inside.  Warm weather is great if you do not have MS, so he has spent the day seeking either shade or being indoors.  He will just about to acclimatise to the heat and then the temperatures will drop!  I don't think this current warm spell will last.

All in all it has been another good week, with plenty of variety and lots of things accomplished.

 Oliver and Grandpa ~ Ollie looking a bit phased, he had just had a big feed and was definitely tired!


 Filling out nicely ;-)


 Library books for our youngest bookworm!

7 comments:

Kezzie said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, so nice to see he's being encouraged as a reader already!!! I'm glad you were able to spend time with Kath! Poor Dave having to escape the warmth- it is relentless anyway, without having MS to deal with! Hope you are well at the moment San.x

Fat Dormouse said...

I hope you don't mind, but I linked to your blog from mine - I wrote a post about making Egyptian death masks. It's here, should you wish to read it: https://fatdormouse.wordpress.com/2018/05/10/walk-like-an-egyptian/

dorinalouise said...

Such lovely photos and I'm glad the week went well. It really sounds like an extra lovely time filled with family visits. It's never too early to start a person on their book journey! My sister tutors reading in the public school and she sees how helpful that is. I can empathize with Dave on the weather fluctuations. I was really miserable the last few days we had 90 degree weather. I don't handle the heat as well as I used to. I actually prefer cooler weather now, even though I loved the summer so much when I was growing up.

elli said...

You've not written in some while, hoping all is well. {{hugs}} and prayers.

Sandra Ann said...

Been really poorly with a nasty infection that took three rounds of antibiotics to clear. Still not fully fit but I do have my birthday pics to share, hoping to upload them tomorrow. Thank you for thinking of me ❤️

elli said...

Oh no! :-( I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending virtual flowers and tea and very real prayers and hope you'll be fully recovered soon.

Kezzie said...

Hoping that you are ok San, as you haven't written in ages!!xx