Saturday 2 October 2010

Railway Stories and St Therese

Benedict was back on form today and so he worked on his narrative from our family trip on Tuesday:
On Tuesday we went to Ravenglass to see the trains, as a birthday treat for Daddy.  We met Nanna and Grandad H, because we missed the first train we had a cup of tea in the cafe.  Daddy talked to the engine driver and had a footplate ride.
After Ravenglass we went to a cafe and I had egg and chips.  The weather was good and I had a lovely day.
He also copied out the following railway poem:
The Song of the Engine
When you travel on the railway,
And the line goes up a hill,
Just listen to the engine
As it pulls you with a will,
Though it goes very slowly
It sings this little song.
"I think I can, I think I can,"
And so it goes along,
But later on the journey,
When you're going down a hill,
The train requires no pulling,
And the engine's singing still.
If you listen very quietly
You will hear this little song,
"I thought I could, I thought I could!"
And so it speeds along.
                                Christine Weatherl
Today was also the feast day of St Therese of Lisieux.  We didn't manage a liturgical tea as we were pressed for time but Benedict did manage to draw his own picture of The Little Flower using this image as a guide:






A very happy St Therese, after all her greatest wish was to spend time in Heaven doing good on earth.
God, Our Father,
You promised Your Kingdom
to the little ones
and the humble of heart.
Give us the grace
to walk confidently in the way
of St Therese of the Child Jesus,
so that helped by her prayers,
we may see Your glory
and share in Your Kingdom.
Amen

No comments: