Thursday, 13 August 2026

A Somerset Holiday

 Last week we managed to visit Dave’s brother and partner in Somerset, the last time we visited them was 19 years ago!  We also managed to meet up with relatives from Devon and Cornwall which was really lovely.  The purpose of the trip was for Pip to ride pillion on Uncle Andrew’s motorbike and despite being incredibly nervous on the day, she aced the whole trip 🙂. I was so pleased that I’d managed to find an accessible holiday cottage that could also accommodate Dave’s mum and so it was a real family holiday 💕














We are currently in Northumbria and so part two of holiday photos will be posted at some point 😂

13 comments:

Eva said...

This sounds like a wonderful time with everybody! Was it not too hot? What is "pillion"? Did Ben not go along?

Lynda said...

Lovely to see an update! Enjoy your time away :) xx

Sandra Ann said...

It was very hot but the house we were staying in had lots of places that were cool and shady.
Pillion is where someone sits behind the driver and hangs on for dear life 😂. Ben prefers to stay at home and look after Poppy and have the house to himself and to be honest there would not have been room in the car.

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks Lynda. We are home from the Northumbria, so when I’ve gathered photos I will share another holiday post x

Anonymous said...

How lovely that you wear able to
enjoy time away together
Siobhan x

Eva said...

Oh, I got to do "pillion" in Canada with one of the Rotary Club members then. He was a very fast driver, but I loved every minute of our road trips.

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks Siobhan xx

Sandra Ann said...

I rode pillion many moons ago when Dave’s dad was alive and it was fab, sounds like you enjoyed your time too xx

doe said...

Hello San, isn't it funny how days just keep gliding by and before you know it they turn into nineteen years! I'm so glad your travels went well and it must have been an especially wonderful time being all together. Pip's smile is so bright and I love her longer hair.

Pen Wilcock said...

I expect everyone tells you this, but Pip looks so like you! ❤️
I only once rode on the back of a motorbike, going through central London with a priest. Terrifying.

Sandra Ann said...

I will tell her that you love her hair that will make her smile xx

Sandra Ann said...

I’m late again with replies 🙄. Yes Pip is often told that she looks like me as I was often told that I looked like mum 🙂. I bet you looked an interesting sight riding pillion with a priest, I will have to share that story with Pip xx

doe said...

:) xoxo