Wednesday 14 November 2018

Mapping A Village

Using the book of the same title, we chose one of the activities and sallied forth on a sunny autumn day.  Pip did a great job looking for and drawing key landmarks and it also gave us a chance to explore one area of our village:







 The memorial garden just a stones throw from the end of our road.











 Georgian style houses built around ten years ago.  Whoever paid for an architect and a builder to construct these two delightful properties, isn't short of a 'bob or two!'








The basket ball court at the village hall, with a brand new playground in the distance.


 The village hall, our destination.

 Map One




 Map Two

Well done Pip :-)

6 comments:

doe said...

What a nice village you live in, and I love Pip's maps :) I always enjoyed map making.

Kezzie said...

Oh what a nice village to live in. Those houses are lovely! I wonder how much they cost!? I liked Pip's map very much!

Sandra Ann said...

Yes it is a lovely place we will have to follow the trail using the left hand turn next time :-)

Sandra Ann said...

I cannot even begin to imagine the cost of those houses!

Eva said...

I love those cows! I will take a picture of Flora's maps and send them to you so Pip can see hers. We have deep winter here, with school closings and bad road conditions. I tried to drive up the hill to campus, but the car got stuck half-way and slid back down. I managed to avoid the ditch and land in somebody's driveway. I did not attempt that hill again today. Ballet was canceled for the second time due to winter weather warnings. So I love to see your pictures without snow! We still need to rake leaves, but they are buried under the snow now.

Sandra Ann said...

Pip would love to see Flora's maps. Thank goodness you weren't hurt, you are certainly having crazy weather!