Saturday 20 January 2018

Garden Adventures :: Happy Mail :: First Communion Work

We had a mammoth trip to the library on Thursday and Pip brought home thirteen books to read, one of which was an adventure book by Bear Grylls
This resulted in a rucksack packed and some garden adventuring in between the hail showers!



 Happy Mail

A whole heap of goodness arrived this morning:  a scrummy bag of yarn for a crocheted blanket, a book on post partum self care which I bought for Sara (despite its well known healthful properties I think she might bypass a placenta smoothie!), the girl and the dog card from my lovely friend Sue
and a tree ornament, Christmas card and much loved yearly newsletter from my dear friend, Eva 

First Holy Communion Work
Both Pip and Flora are making their First Holy Communion this year.  As always Eva is a massive support with home school resources and when I asked her for advice regarding resources she pointed me in the right direction!  Once I had begun my search I even found a really good resource in the UK and so I feel happy about supporting Pip through this milestone in her faith journey. 

















13 comments:

Eva said...

This is wonderful! You found some good resources and our package arrived. I am so glad. I sent one to my in-laws in Indiana on January 6, before I sent yours, and it still has not arrived! I sent you an e-mail late last night about house building and shelters for next week.

When is the baby due? I forget! A placenta smoothie sounds awful!

Sandra Ann said...

The baby is due sometime around the middle of March. Thanks for all the links in the email, they are a massive help in planning our work for this forthcoming week.

Love and God Bless

San xx

Kezzie said...

How nice is that book for holy communion! I'm glad you got that! I remember finding my husband's one in the car before Christmas. It was really sweet. I remember really enjoying my confirmation classes as a child.

What a nice parcel to receive!

Sarah said...

Pip looks well prepared for her garden adventure! Is she enjoying the Bear Grylls book? I thought about getting some for Aaron.

elli said...

Such a sweet photo of Pip, off on her hike! :-) And first communion! That's exciting :-)

devonmama said...

Dear San,
what lovely post! I do love getting mail :)
Beautiful pages by Pip too; what a considerate young lady you have there. I have a set of the Bear Grylls books that we won in a competition, that I would like to send you, if Pip is enjoying them?? My three aren't interested in them, so would love them to have a new home - do let me know with your address via messenger if Pip would like them!
God bless you all,
Love Carly x

Eva said...

Oh, so there is still time. I am glad my ideas of some use.

Have a good week!

Fat Dormouse said...

I wish Pip many blessings on her journey to her first Communion - an exciting time.
You have received some lovely things - "real" mail is good, isn't it? During most Lents I try to write more letters & send more cards to people. It's a kind of "discipline".

Sandra Ann said...

Thank you for stopping by and the blessings for Pip. Good old fashioned mail is quite special these days but I must admit that, email has meant I have been able to connect with other home school friends in America. My friend Eva in particular has always been so supportive in providing home school links, reading suggestions and encouragement. I love your idea regarding Lent and you have given me an idea for this year's 'taking something up' so thank you :-)

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by and catching up with us especially considering you have just moved in addition to the other issues. How lovely that CBC's family kept his First Communion Book that really is quite special. You have been in my prayers and thoughts, San xx

dorinalouise said...

Wow! That was the best snail mail day ever! Isn't Eva the best with finding resources and planning? I'll never forget how thankful I was to find her blog. Pip's communion journey with you is really special. It's lovely to see the work.

I'm so excited about the baby! All of you must be over the moon! The book for Sara looks really lovely. She'll enjoy reading it very much. Hugs! xoxo

dorinalouise said...

P.S. Chanda and I have just started watching the Crown and really love it. Morgana has been watching it and is on Season 2 . . as is my friend Kendall. I think the writing is very good. How have all of you felt about it? Have you been watching it?

Eva said...

That was a sweet comment about my blog! Thanks so much, Dorina.