Friday 17 November 2017

Film Fun

Quite unusually for us we have managed two trips to the cinema in the past fortnight.  Dave and I went to see this film:


I must admit I am a David Suchet 'Poirot' fan and so it was interesting to see Kenneth Branagh portray his interpretation of the detective.  It was a stellar cast and we were not disappointed.  The cinematography was astounding and Dave had loads of fun viewing it all from a railway civil engineering perspective :-)

Today we took the kids to see this film:

   We enjoyed the first film and were not disappointed second time round.  This film is a real family winner and raised loads of laughs, Pip is quite raucous once she gets going ;-)

Both films are worthy of a viewing.

10 comments:

Eva said...

This is so funny: When doing my cleaning on Saturday mornings, I am listening to Deutschlandfunk (podcasts) and they had a review of that first movie.

Sandra Ann said...

That is funny!! Was it given a positive review? :-) xx

Shirley-Ann said...

Sandra Ann it's been an age since I visited your blog! I'm so glad that I went through all my blog subscriptions today and found you again. We went (as a family) to watch Murder on the Orient Express as at least two of us are HUGE Poirot fans. Absolutely loved it even though I knew exactly who had done what. Paddington is next on our list even though my girls are now late teens - I don't think you can ever outgrow Paddington ;)

dorinalouise said...

We look forward to seeing both of these movies! We also enjoyed the first Paddington very much, and I, also, am a big David Suchet fan :) (Oh my!! I saw the trailer for "Orient Express" and I can't believe that was Kenneth Branagh underneath that huge moustache!!) Have you seen "Being Poirot?"

Sandra Ann said...

Lovely of you to pop by :-). Part way through the film I remembered the ending but it was still spot on! Yes you are never too old for Paddington :-)

Sandra Ann said...

No I haven't seen Being Poirot will have to see if I can find it. You will enjoy both films :-) xx

Sarah said...

I'd like to see the Paddington films but Aaron and Tabitha don't want to. My parents took them to see the first and had to leave halfway through! Glad you enjoyed it though and maybe one day I will watch it by myself!

Eva said...

I will re-listen and tell you!

jean said...

Love your blog and always look forward to seeing it. I feel so in touch with you all through it. Dont give up. as you say the internet is also a source for good. I feel at the moment we need as much good as we can get.
lol mam dad

Eva said...

I am afraid I did not listen to it again. But I did find a favorable review in a German newspaper. They thought it offered a "fresh approach," treating the older first movie with "love" and "respect."