Tuesday 11 July 2017

Happy St Benedict's Day

Dave and Pip usually share Morning prayers together and whilst I was having a quiet cup of tea, Pip declared that it was a feast day today.  That can only mean one thing ... cake for afternoon tea :-)



























As you will see from the photos the kids worked together as a team and the cake from start to finish was their creation.

My absence here has been due to a major downturn in my health, so much so it forced me to visit the GP surgery on Friday.  I have been struggling this past month  with all out crippling fatigue that usually puts me in bed several times throughout the day.  However just over a week ago I developed some weird neurological symptoms of numbness and pins and needles in both my arms, hands, legs and feet.  I have had blood tests done this morning and a further GP review is booked for Friday morning.  

Although the tingling is still present it is currently manageable and does not dominate every waking moment of my day.  Last week was horrendous with the nerve pain :-(  Here's hoping it is something that will fade quickly in due course.

Despite being unwell I have still just about managed to keep up with my job and so the links for the last two posts are below:




10 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful photos and excellent teamwork! I'm so sorry to hear that your health has got worse. Praying that the GP will quickly get to the bottom of it and that you'll be feeling better soon. I wish I was closer and could do something practical to help. xx

Sandra Ann said...

Thank you so much for your prayers and lovely words. When I read your blog it look at your Instagram photos, I frequently wish we lived nearer to you! I know my two would love spending time with your three. Hugs San x

elli said...

San, I am so sorry to hear about your health struggles. {{hugs}} I hope and pray you have good answers and recovery soon.

Yay for kids who can bake their own cakes! Fun :-)

Kezzie said...

I am so sorry to hear you have been so unwell San! It sounds absolutely horrid and I shall keep you in prayer.
The cake looks great and how nice that they did it together.
Sending you many hugs and best wishes,
Kezzie xx

Sandra Ann said...

Thanks for the prayers, next stop is the neurologist x

Sandra Ann said...

Thank you for the prayers. The GP has made a referral to a neurologist x

dorinalouise said...

We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers San! Please keep us posted as to what the neurologist says. I hope you are feeling better today. The cake looks sensational and delicious. Such decorating skills! It's so pretty! Love and a big hug to you xoxoxo

Eva said...

All the best to Benedict!

Eva said...

P.S. Maybe Pip is like his sister Scholastica . . .

Pen Wilcock said...

Such lovely photos of the cake-making! I hope you feel better soon. x