Tuesday 2 September 2014

Helping

Having read about Eva's first day  I pressed the kids into action and gave them plenty of helping jobs around the home.  There is definitely truth in that old saying, "the devil makes work for idle hands" and since Dad and I were sick of their constant bickering keeping them busy provided a much needed outlet for their energy.

Sara and I have been working on painting the front of the house so Benedict and Pip helped scrape off the peeling paintwork:






Benedict also mowed the back lawns and gathered up the apples and pears that had fallen from the trees.  After swimming Pip helped with folding the laundry:









I have just come in from outside painting and am now working my way through youtube links and learning sites, for Benedict and I start school next week when Pip returns on Monday.  He officially enters secondary education and so there is an interesting learning curve ahead for both of us.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Eva said...

Good for you to give them some things to do. Mine are also calmer when they do their chores and homeschool work. Without any assigned chores and tasks I would go crazy.

Good luck with the planning.

sustainablemum said...

I how your planning goes well, it is an exciting and I suspect scary time for you all ;)